At the weekend I had the very great privilege to be a bridesmaid at my best friend’s wedding. It was truly magical and the bride looked so beautiful. I thought I’d share some of my day with you all.
I arrived at the bride’s parents’ house early in the morning to get ready. I wasn’t feeling the brightest but a cup of coffee soon sorted that out. We had our hair done first by a local hairdresser called Louise Schofield. For the bridesmaids she did these really beautiful plaited side buns which we finished off with some sparkly hair spirals.
Next we moved on to make up. We did our own make up so we were able to make ourselves look exactly how we wanted. I don’t often sit down and spend a good hour or so putting on make up so it was a real treat! I had a manicure the day before so my nails were painted with OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons on my nails. On my face I used:
- No 7 Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation in Calico
- Maybelline Coverstick Thick Concealer in Ivory
- Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder in Medium
- Bourjois Blusher in Lilas D’Or
- Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer
- MUA Starry Night Eyeshadow Palette
- Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof Mascara in Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude
We then helped the bride get ready and put our dresses on. Even I had something borrowed – the earrings I am wearing belong to the bride’s mother!
The wedding itself was in a beautiful little country church and I am so pleased to say the weather was perfect all day! It stayed dry and was warm but not hot. I managed not to cry throughout the ceremony which I think was quite an achievement!