I go to the gym three or four times a week and there are some certain essentials which I always take with me (other than my iPod, towel, padlock etc.)
1. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner – This is a rather obvious one! To save space, I try and carry small bottles. At the moment I am using up the small travel size Radox shower gel I reviewed in my testing products post. My conditioner is not in this picture as I left it in my shower, but it’s a Pantene Pro V conditioner. The shampoo is Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends which smells of raspberries and makes my hair really glossy. I bought a set of travel bottles from Boots and I squeeze a bit of shampoo at a time into the bottle so I don’t have to carry a huge full size bottle with me. This is far more economical than buying individual mini bottles.
2. Deodorant – The gym is the only time I use roll on deodorant. I know how annoying it can be when people spray their strong deodorant near you, so I use the roll on to be considerate to people around me. I really like the pomegranate and lemon verbena scent of this Dove Go Fresh deodorant. It smells really fruity, fresh and clean.
3. Baby wipes – For the odd occasion that I am running horribly late and don’t have time to shower, I like to carry some baby wipes with me so I can quickly freshen up before I head off.
4. Tangle Teezer – Now that I know how amazing Tangle Teezers are, I wouldn’t ever brush wet hair with anything else! It glides through any knots like they aren’t even there and doesn’t hurt or pull at all. Definitely worth the money. I am considering investing in the smaller fold up travel version to keep in my gym bag permanently.
5. Talcum powder – I find it’s very difficult to thoroughly dry yourself after a shower at the gym, particularly if you are pushed for time, so I like to keep some talcum powder with me just to absorb any excess moisture before I change.
6. De-frizz and heat protect cream – We all know that hair dryers can be very harsh on your hair and I also find that my hair goes very frizzy when I use a hair dryer on it. I like to carry a product like this – the L’Oreal Professional Tecni Art Thermo-Smoothing Milk which is a styling cream you apply to wet hair to protect it from heat and also prevent it from going frizzy.
The gym bag I am using is from Nike. It has a long strap to wear across your body and two handles so you can carry it on your shoulder if you prefer. It has three separate compartments with zips – two main compartments and a smaller pocket on the side. It isn’t the biggest bag I’ve used for the gym, but it’s more practical for walking around with than a holdall and with some strategic packing, I can fit everything in.